Today on ZardCast, CT and Dave jump in the pod to talk offseason news and divulge information on the show’s plans as the Washington Wizards season is approaching. The guys get into the Wizards’ newly announced practice facility set to be built in Southeast, John Wall turning 25, international basketball, Jared Dudley’s injury, going way back to recap Summer League play and much more.
Look for the podcast to start appearing regularly mid-October as we prepare you for the 2015-16 Wizards season.
Topics discussed include:
- It’s been about two months since the guys podded. They’ll chew on some offseason news, will return to recording weekly come mid-October
- Duncan isn’t on the show, hasn’t returned from running his sweatshop in Puerto Rico
- Dave doesn’t like football, longs for the NBA. Says the announcers are part of the problem
- The District of Columbia and the Wizards agree to build a practice facility in Southeast. Ted Leonsis has been on the lookout for a location
- Dave references talk of putting the practice facility in Kevin Durant’s hometown of Seat Pleasant, Md., says he’s drive KD to and from the practice facility
- John Wall turns 25
- Dave says John has an incident before his party, overwhelmed by his quarter-century mark on planet Earth
- John receives a self portrait larger than he from artist Madsteez, valued at $20,000
- John goes to Team USA camp, leaves shortly after arriving. Probably doesn’t have a future with the national team
- Bradley Beal does work out and plays with Team USA, which is always great to see
- Completing the international trifecta, Marcin Gortat plays for Poland in Eurobasket
- Happy 33rd birthday to Nene. Can he still be effective this season?
- Aaron White goes to Germany to begin his professional playing days. Dave is really down on him after watching his Summer League play, has to stop shooting so many threes
- Shortly after Jared Dudley was signed, the Wizards drop a bomb that he had a herniated disc and would be out 3-4 months. He’ll be back at the beginning of the season, but it appears he’ll miss a good chunk of the preseason
- Going way back, the guys recap the Wizards Summer League performance, Kelly Oubre Jr.’s play. Oubre is the only person who will be on the team, so really nothing to see here
- Hasheem Thabeet being ejected was the moment of the Summer League, they guess his career earnings